Adobe Aero Community Forum

Submitting a Feature Suggestion?
Please be as specific as you can.

- Why is this feature valuable to you?
- How would you use this idea in your workflow? 

Reporting a Bug or Issue?
Inform the Aero team of issues you may be encountering by providing us with the information we need to squash them.

Examples of helpful information are:
- Mobile or Desktop version number
- Screenshot or video screen capture
- REAL file of your scene 
- Your original asset 
- Log file (Info here

1. Easy Animation integration

I'm working on a prototype for a project and I would love to ability to export a simple animation from Blender into Adobe Aero. I can't use mixamo on my object because it's a plant. :(

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Coding Environment

While Aero Desktop Beta is really good fun and supremely easy to use - and is waaaaaaaaaaay more comfortable/practical to use than the mobile version if you’re needing to generate content on regular basis - I’ve found the environment a little too limiting compared to workspaces which allow for the inclusion of bespoke code and therefore more expansive creation (Three.js, A-frame.js, AR.js, 8th Wall, Unity Mars, etc).

So, the addition of an integrated coding workspace would be great and would provide lots more potential for creating content. However, I do appreciate that's maybe not the work environment you’re aiming for…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feature suggestion!
    Can you describe how you would use this in your workflow, examples you may have, or what controls you may need?
    Thanks!

3. Cant import Photoshop Layers or SGV-Files on Desktop Version

I use Windows 10 latest updates installed 64bit and 32GB Memory, and latest Adobe Aero Version.
    When i will use Photoshop-Files with Layers or Creator Spotlight or Layered Illustration, Aero crashes. Same problem when importing SVG -> Aero crashed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello! Because you have voted or commented on a feature related to PSD layers, we wanted to let you know that the newest release of Aero iOS (v 2.2.0) just out this week has a fix for working with layers – previously this feature was not working properly.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing the issues described in this post with the new versions of the app.

Thank you!
    Chantel

4. Web-based Viewing Options

I work at a university and it can be difficult to push out an experience because of the variety of phones and the barrier of downloading an app.

An amazing feature would be to have a browser-based viewing option that wouldn't require downloading the app.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug "Plane guides won't go away."

Multiple plane guides are still showing up even after switching from edit mode to preview. They are now included in both the screen shots and video recordings. Reinstalled the software, but still no luck. Any advice on a fix?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Increase file size

I would like to use more detailed models with more poly’s. A larger file size. I look at Aero from a production platform or high end story telling tool. I would like to use Aero to create intense scenes with awesome effects and the sound features recently added. We create full cast audio books and would like to take it to the next level and Aero could be the tool we have been looking for to do that.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Other software integration

I know I rush too far ahead, but I wondered if Aero will provide for connection or integration to external applications, for example, I use Touchdesigner, but I'm thinking about Unity, Unreal Engine, the various 3D software, etc. that support AR
    In the case of Touchdesigner there would be the chance of using generative visuals in real-time and external sensors (latency permitting), it can be possible?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Accessing Cloud Documents Subfolders Crashes the App

Version 2.2.1—on both iPad Pro 2020 and iPhone 12 Pro, attempting to open any subfolders of Cloud Documents crashes the app.

Any workarounds or fixes?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make Aero Lidar Compatible (Lidar Mode)

I would like for aero to be lidar compatible. Lidar is now on iPhone 12 pro and 12 pro max. With lidar, I can be in front of objects instead of behind objects. I'm not able to do that right now in aero. Thank you!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Desktop Update Bug

Latest update killed ability to load from CC - had to go back to version 1.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Alex Ortiz responded

Thanks for letting us know you’re experiencing an issue. Do you mind sending us some screenshots or a video capture of what you are seeing?

What kind of files are you trying to import into Aero from CC?

11. Custom .obj files not visible in AR

On my Macbook, I created an experience with a custom .obj made in Blender. In the editor everything works great. When I open and start the experience inside the Aero app on my iPad, the object is nowhere to see. It´s listed as object inside the scene and I can see it´s boundaries if I select it.

I tried the following:
    - resizing the Object
    - loading the object directly on my iPad
    - using .obj and also zipped .obj with .mtl
    - only loading Blenders startup cube after exporting it as .obj (zipped and unzipped)

Nothing seems to work…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. mobile app and desktop app have different coordinates

when I open my projekt on the desktop they are placed correctly, when I open the projekt on the mobile app they are placed about 1 meter higher, which means every thing is mooved up under the seeling ????
    if I try to move them down and later open the desto app they are placed under the floor ????

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Export to USDZ, GLB, glTF, Instagram Spark etc

It would be great if the desktop Aero can have a multi-format exporter. So that we can build once and export to iOS, Android, Instagram's Spark AR.

Also, an option to export at different quality settings. Perhaps this will decrease the all texture sizes automatically. I find I have to constantly keep the file size down especially when embedding the AR to websites.

In addition, I find that at the end of an AR project I would export the assets to Adobe Dimension to finely render a single frame for promotional use. It would be useful if desktop Aero can…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Import image asset resolution reduced to 512px

I've been trying to import image assets, I tried .psd, .png .gif, everything and Aero reduces them to no larger than 512px in length, and they appear awful on the scene. I turned off autoscale on preferences. It seems very random. Was it always like this, or is this a new bug?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. fbx geometry cache

Hello,

Aero imports fbx animation pretty well, but not fbx's with geometry caches.
    This will be integral for AR workflows so that things like cloth deformations can exist in Aero by importing fbx's with point deformations included.
    Is there a work-around or is this feature not present yet?

Regards
    Ben L

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Automate text changes in AR assets

We’re working on project for students to tap AR buttons in a real life engineering workshop with instructions on how to use the machines. Is there any way the text on these objects could be edited remotely or automatically?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bug with Iphone

I’ve just downloaded the app but when I tap on the tutorial or on the plus button I see the symbol with the hand with a black background and nothing else I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and it is still doing the same thing I have checked that I have given the app permission to my camera and checked that my camera is working however I can’t seem to get round this issue. Any help?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Keeping Layer Backgrounds transparent in Aero

I would like the background to remain transparent on the image I'm importing to Aero from Photoshop. It's transparent in Photoshop, but in Aero the background is white. So instead of three images 'floating', there are three white planes in the space. What is the best workaround for this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Screen is completely blank when I launch Aero

Hi there!

Very excited for this new feature. When I downloaded the Beta and launched it a few times it just shows a blank screen.

I searched through all the tabs but it looks like they're all greyed out. The only clickable buttons are under the Help tab.

Just wanted to let you know about the error. Thanks! :)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Alex Ortiz responded

One thing I would try is to delete your preferences. Follow one of the paths below:

Prefs Windows : C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Aero\0.1.0
    Prefs Mac: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe/Aero/0.1.0

Once you delete that preference, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app from here: https://helpx.adobe.com/aero/get-started.html

Let me know if this works for you.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Adobe Aero Community Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base