Adobe Aero Community Forum

Submitting a Feature Suggestion?
Please be as specific as you can.

- Why is this feature valuable to you?
- How would you use this idea in your workflow? 

Reporting a Bug or Issue?
Inform the Aero team of issues you may be encountering by providing us with the information we need to squash them.

Examples of helpful information are:
- Mobile or Desktop version number
- Screenshot or video screen capture
- REAL file of your scene 
- Your original asset 
- Log file (Info here

1. Geo Tag: To Trigger Content

I would like to see AR experience triggered when user approaches and enters certain geotagged location.

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Alex Ortiz responded

Thank you all for the votes and suggestions! The team is exploring this, so feel free to add more comments and suggestions on how you would like to use this in your workflow. Thanks!

2. Controls for lighting direction

LOVING the way the shadows are falling! The even occlude objects in the real world! It would be great to have control over the “POSITION” of the key lighting source.

Thanks!

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Text Edit Tool/Object

Well, a simple text tool to create messages or information blocks floating over the scene. Next step could be data driven text, dynamically updated on demand.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the suggestion! Can you provide a bit more detail on how you would like to use this in your workflow and where you may want to see this option?

4. Face Tracking For Social Media Masks/Filters

Add ability to track human face and use it like a grid for design. In other words, let’s allow user to create new insta/snap mask and filters. Thanks.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Coding Environment

While Aero Desktop Beta is really good fun and supremely easy to use - and is waaaaaaaaaaay more comfortable/practical to use than the mobile version if you’re needing to generate content on regular basis - I’ve found the environment a little too limiting compared to workspaces which allow for the inclusion of bespoke code and therefore more expansive creation (Three.js, A-frame.js, AR.js, 8th Wall, Unity Mars, etc).

So, the addition of an integrated coding workspace would be great and would provide lots more potential for creating content. However, I do appreciate that's maybe not the work environment you’re aiming for…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feature suggestion!
    Can you describe how you would use this in your workflow, examples you may have, or what controls you may need?
    Thanks!

6. Add smart guides, and anchors

Smart guides would be great when positioning multiple objects to level them out on the same plane, I was having a difficult time doing this. Anchor points would a low for the pinning of objects to a exact pixel, this could allow for the object to animate and flexibility to move and serve a realistic purpose. Say if I wanted the corner of my picture to hold position but I did not mind it the other parts moved as much or the tail of the dinosaur to be anchored in place.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feature suggestion! It sounds like you are looking to use this feature like a “Transform” with snap functionality. Can you tell me more about how you would use this with your workflow?

7. Web-based Viewing Options

I work at a university and it can be difficult to push out an experience because of the variety of phones and the barrier of downloading an app.

An amazing feature would be to have a browser-based viewing option that wouldn't require downloading the app.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Increase file size

I would like to use more detailed models with more poly’s. A larger file size. I look at Aero from a production platform or high end story telling tool. I would like to use Aero to create intense scenes with awesome effects and the sound features recently added. We create full cast audio books and would like to take it to the next level and Aero could be the tool we have been looking for to do that.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Particles

Instanced and simulated objects allowing for the creation of things like smoke, steam, fire or fairy-dust

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feature suggestion! Let us know more about how you would like to use particles in your AR experiences and how you would integrate this into your workflow.

10. Export to USDZ, GLB, glTF, Instagram Spark etc

It would be great if the desktop Aero can have a multi-format exporter. So that we can build once and export to iOS, Android, Instagram's Spark AR.

Also, an option to export at different quality settings. Perhaps this will decrease the all texture sizes automatically. I find I have to constantly keep the file size down especially when embedding the AR to websites.

In addition, I find that at the end of an AR project I would export the assets to Adobe Dimension to finely render a single frame for promotional use. It would be useful if desktop Aero can…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Measuring Tool

I interested to use AR as a tool to review designs as a final product in the exact size of the product, especially when we designed artwork for trade shows displays and signage, AR can be very helpful for our clients to review the design before it sent to production. In a workflow like this, sometimes we need to take a measuring tool, it would be great if we can have a feature to measure any object or surface while viewing the design inside Aero.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. [UI] Don't hide the behaviour workspace

So, the small escaping guy at the bottom of the screen is the behaviour panel. Had to guess it (cause I didn't RTFM first, I know).

I hope it's just a matter of time before he gets a better icon and position :)

The Aero interface looks A LOT like Dimension, but is, of course, way rougher.

If it's there to stay in Dimension (Home/Concept/Render), then I'd suggest the same top line in Aero : Home / Place / Behaviour
    (Plus it would match XD's Home/Create/Interact)

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feature suggestion and glad to hear there is support for using similar paradigms to Dimension. While we are considering how to keep the experience between the apps consistent, we are also aware that in Aero there is a need to work on Behaviors while you work on scene placement, so placing as a separate space would require lots of flipping back and forth.

13. Import UI elements/functionality from Adobe XD

As Project Aero progresses in features and development, creators will need UI design support for user interactivity of their work.

UI elements and functionality could be exported from Adobe XD to Aero and with a little help from Xcode (or not) have a final fully interactive AR experience published.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Select and Place Objects on Multiple Surfaces

It would be great to be able to select multiple surfaces within one scene to place asset on all them. I.e. placing a plant on a table, and a drawing in a wall. So, there should be a “plus” extra button to add new surfaces. Maybe layers for each surface could be useful in the workflow.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feature suggestion! Can you tell me more about how you would use this in your workflow?

15. Animation pause time option

Perhaps the option to add parameter to pause animation for allocated time.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feature suggestion! Can you describe how you would use this in your workflow? Do you want to pause mid animation or have a “wait” for the animation to start / end?

16. Import AR triggers from file

The current Areo right now is using the assets by drag them into the scene to create AR. Why not creating AR using triggers in a simple way!! If possible of course.
    My idea is: keep touching the asset and you will get an option called “add trigger”. After that you will have 2 choices, either by selecting an uploaded file of a trigger from the cloud or by taking a photo of it. After that, a small icon will be on the asset icon corner represent that it has trigger assigned to it. So whenever I place a trigger…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Very interesting ideas, thank you for submitting! We would need some more clarification here in order to strongly consider this as a feature.

- What kind of trigger file would be in the cloud?

- Would you expect this trigger file be created in a different program or do you expect this to be something you find in a content library or on Adobe Stock?

- When you say “make AR out of it” what does that mean to you?

17. Import 3d compositions directly from After Effects

It would be great to import multi layer 3D comps directly from After Effects. Especially if you could bring in keyed video along with animated layers.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feature suggestion! Can you describe how you would use this in your workflow and what controls you may need? Thanks!

18. Real objects recognition

It could be useful if app Aero, after scanning for a surface, could recognise objects also (for example trough a barcode or beacon technology). We could have more choice in the association between real and virtual world.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feature suggestion! Can you give us a bit more detail into how you would like this to integrate into your workflow and how you would use it?

19. Optimize File Size

Hello,

Playing a little with the last build of Aero, I find some enhancements.

It looks working a little better, but I have some troubles with the Usdz export, even if it isn’t the main feature.

Could it be possible to warn the user about the final file size of the exported scene?

It looks like some devices (iPhone 8) aren’t able to handle scene files larger than 10Mo...
    It could be valuable if Aero could compress/resample textures in order to get smaller files in the case of the file exceed a certain amount.

Many thanks

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feature suggestion! Are you looking to know what the export size of your scene is going when you publish or do you want objects to be compressed when they are imported into the Aero app? Thanks!

20. Trigger objects on and off

Ability to line up multiple objects in a ‘running order’ or visible layers and then be able to simply trigger them on and off by touching the screen. Great for explainers or data biz scenarios.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feature suggestion! Can you give us a bit more detail into how you would integrate this into your Aero workflow, any examples you may have of what you’d like to do, and controls you may need?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Adobe Aero Community Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base