Adobe Aero Community Forum

Submitting a Feature Suggestion?
Please be as specific as you can.

- Why is this feature valuable to you?
- How would you use this idea in your workflow? 

Reporting a Bug or Issue?
Inform the Aero team of issues you may be encountering by providing us with the information we need to squash them.

Examples of helpful information are:
- Mobile or Desktop version number
- Screenshot or video screen capture
- REAL file of your scene 
- Your original asset 
- Log file (Info here

1. Your link could not be published at this time. Please try again later.

Your link could not be published at this time. Please try again later.

currently receive this error message when trying to create a shareable link

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Alex Ortiz responded

Thank you for letting us know you are experiencing this issue. If you could answer the below questions this would help give us more context and triage the issue more quickly.

- Are you experiencing this on mobile or desktop?

- Can you share you .real file for us to test internally?

- How large/heavy is your scene? How many objects?

Thanks!

2. Delete Function Bug - All or Nothing?

There's no ability to delete individual triggers/actions on desktop. I can only roll back changes in a linear fashion with Control Z.

I can't imagine this was intentional.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for letting us know you are experiencing an issue. There is no UI around deleting individual behaviors, but you should be able to achieve this by selecting the trigger or action and pressing the “delete” key on your keyboard. Are you finding that not working?

3. Save Function

I understand that having some kind of silent save continually working in the background sounded really cool in whatever meeting that was. But not allowing traditional saves as well, was an egregious oversight.

Designers save versions. I'll save a single document 200 times before I finish a design schedule. All those saved changes are available, I can peruse the history of my progress, and I can chop parts from all the variations to create permanent assets for future work.

It's one of the most basic systems in my entire design career, and you've eliminated it. What possible reason could Adobe…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 3D Pathfinder / Live Boolean Mask

I know object occlusion has been mentioned; but specifically to functionality-- It would be ideal if it worked like Pathfinder in Illustrator, but nondestructive like a PS mask. Being able to set 1 3d object, like a cube to, Union, Difference or Intersect, and then nesting layers that are to be affected. Or if you could just set a 2d target (like a poster) to 'clip through' the wall / like a window, revealing the AR inside. Instead of things popping out the typical AR way, I want things to parallax within an enclosed boundary, with a co-planar viewing angle.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Continued problem with surface anchors

Any of the experiences I create and scale-up to 4-6 feet tall lose the ability to hold on to its surface anchor. If I walk towards the object, it drifts backward. I move back, it follows. I move to the side it moves with me. It's almost impossible to create an experience where I can move 360 degrees around the object or past it without it following. Also, it doesn't matter what surface I have as an anchor. I tried asphalt at a basketball court which has painted lines for the mixed texture, grass, grass with leaves. No luck. Any…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for letting us know you are experiencing this issue. Have you tried to reset the anchor once you have scaled the object?

You can reset the anchor from the Edit Mode by going to “…” > Anchor Settings > Reset. Try this and let me know if the problem persists. Thanks!

7. Physics on objects

Enable various physics properties to objects. For example if I wanted to create a bowling game With a ball and pins to knock over. I would want the ball to bounce off the virtual rails but plow through the pins and each pin knocking into another pin. Would need object detection, bounce, rebound, punch, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Items missing and animated GIF not working properly on iPad

Here's a .REAL file of a rocket and satellite circling a low poly earth model. Animated GIF works well except in final display when multiple frames of the animation are visible and also, the satellite does not appear. This could be a memory issues - my iPad is the standard 2018 model.

Also, would be good to attach one object eg the flames, to the other eg the rocket. This may be possible but I could not work out how to do it.

Any feedback welcome. Models are the complimentary license from Envato network.

https://spaces.hightail.com/receive/zdtixtDOEY

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for letting us know you are experiencing some issues and for sending us the files. The satellite shows up on my side, but the flame gif seems to be off as you say. I’ll have the team take a look.

9. Error Message Pop Ups to Provide More Context To Authors

I import in OBJ format, with mtl and texture map, it looks fine. When I save this to the .real format locally, the texture disappears and is not saved to the .real format either. The cloud version reverts to the mesh without a texture map.

I don't know what I can send to you to reinforce this report. The .real file is faulty because it does not include the texture map. The original OBJ file with mtl and jpeg won't tell you what Aero is doing wrong. So here is a screen shot of the loaded model with texture, before…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can't import zipped DAE Files

Testing out new import formats in AERO. I tried importing DAE files exported from Mixamo, but the only thing that appears on the stage is the materials' PNG image. The file is zipped. Not sure what I'm missing. Any ideas?

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out to us. The first thing I would try is to export from Mixamo using the “Send to Aero” functionality which will package your file as a GLB asset. Try this method and let me know if that does the trick.

11. Offline access to aero for ipad

When I go outside to use Aero on my ipad I am locked out from using the app until I authenticate. I almost entirely use aero outside where there often isnt wifi so its an unnecessary hassle

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add an integration to Sketchfab

Substance tools have an easy integration / connection to Sketchfab. It would be nice to have a direct connection to my Sketchfab account so that I can import models directly into Aero without leaving the interface and having to go through several steps to import.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Integrate Mixamo into the UI

Integrate Mixamo into the UI, to eliminate the need to move between the tools, and implement a smoother animation import to projects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the features suggestion! Can you describe how would you prefer to see this integrated into the UI to best speed up your workflow?

14. Add an integration to Sketchfab

Substance tools have an easy integration / connection to Sketchfab. It would be nice to have a direct connection to my Sketchfab account so that I can import models directly into Aero without leaving the interface and having to go through several steps to import.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great suggestion! We would love more specifics on your use cases and how you see using this in your current workflow.

15. create custom HDRI/ 360 background image after scanning the floor

you know how in dimension you can use the background image as an hdri instead of needing a full 360 image and it creates really great results for reflections and lighting? I think it would be amazing to have that for aero and be able to do that while I'm out in public. even just being able to import different hdri's than the default would be amazing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great suggestion! We would love more specifics on your use cases and how you see using this in your current workflow.

16. resolution and quality settings

it would be cool if you could choose to have your ar scene played in super low resolution in favor of recording the background video in higher resolution then rendering out the final ar scene in higher quality after you finish your recording instead of doing everything at once. is this possible? I recently took my iPad Pro to a fountain and tried to record a sailboat on the water but the video quality absolutely got destroyed after the first frame of my video and by the end the quality was so low it was not even worth sharing. I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sterescopic view to use with google cardboard

I think a stereoscopic view would benefit the experience greatly. We‘ve been using Unreal Engine + a VR headset to create virtual worlds that could be viewed on expos or inside showrooms and it’s always a big hassle. Being able to create these visualizations with Aero would be a gamechanger.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Compatibility With Webcams

It would be amazing if the desktop app could be compatible with the computer's webcam, so that users could view the model in real life before exporting it to mobile.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Shared experience via create link (updated beta)

I tried sharing a .real file with my wife, she was able to open the file after installing Aero, but not all the behaviors were working. Going to try another layout with fewer animations.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for letting us now you are experiencing an issue. Can you describe more about how you shared the .real file? Was it via a link, QR code, export > Airdrop? Were you both on the same app version? Thanks.

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for letting us know you’re experiencing a problem. Try navigating to one of the following paths and deleting your preferences:

Prefs Windows : C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Aero\0.1.0

Prefs Mac: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe/Aero/0.1.0

After you delete your preferences, uninstall the app and reinstall from here: https://helpx.adobe.com/aero/get-started.html

• Don't see your idea?

Adobe Aero Community Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base