Adobe Aero Community Forum

Submitting a Feature Suggestion?
Please be as specific as you can.

- Why is this feature valuable to you?
- How would you use this idea in your workflow? 

Reporting a Bug or Issue?
Inform the Aero team of issues you may be encountering by providing us with the information we need to squash them.

Examples of helpful information are:
- Mobile or Desktop version number
- Screenshot or video screen capture
- REAL file of your scene 
- Your original asset 
- Log file (Info here

1. Video: Import With Alpha Channel And Sound

It would be cool to have the option to import video with alpha channel and sound.
    The video is played or stopped via the behavior menu.

138 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

50 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3D Objects To Trigger AR Experiences

This could still be science fiction, but with the dual cameras and 3D depth sensors on mobile devices now, 3D objects could act as triggers for AR experiences.

I could immediately use this for marketing and presentation purposes for my clients, or see this used in classrooms and even in art galleries.

50 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Simulator

Instead of exporting to our phone, could we get a preview of the entire immersive experience on a desktop before deploying.

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for this feature request – we are working on a few different ways to provide this type of capability. If you have specific workflows or use cases to highlight, please share here so that we can cover the requirements.

4. Import animated asset from Character Animator CC

Is it possible to import an animated asset from Adobe Character Animator CC?

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Thanks all for the suggestion!
    We have work planed around animation on our roadmap for later this year.
    Stay tuned !

5. Gif Support with anchors

It would be incredible if we can use GIFs and anchors in a scene and have the relevant Gif asset load and anchor in to place. (Example SlideAR) Multiple Gifs and multiple anchors would be preferable in creating modular narratives.

https://twitter.com/slide_ar/status/1143241450886488065?s=20

Card Game example, 
(also kids books, drawings and various interactive educational artefacts)
    A use case where GIF assets would load and anchor to image and animate like in the Slide AR example.
    From a limited deck of cards we could spawn a whole table top of interactive narrative elements and arrange them in to a modular narrative .

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Import animated assets from Adobe Animate

I would love to be able to incorporate 2D animations created with Adobe Animate into Aero. It would be exciting to create assets in Animate to use, rather than static Photoshop files. I teach on a Games Art & Animation course and I am excited to start teaching AR and I can think of some exciting projects to run if I could only use animations from Aninate within the Aero environment.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Geo Tag: Asset Library Suggestion Feature

Hi,
    I have an idea but it is related to the content/service more than the application it self. With this app, I think it will be nice to have an AR library (Adobe AR Stock.. e.g.). You may add a geo feature that will trigger your location and it will suggest to you AR samples from the library based on your current location. Since Aero has recording feature it will be nice to have such a thing.
    Regards

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Pivot (control has bottom, center, top) while actions can only trigger rotate from middle

While I can set the inital pivot/control of an object to be on the origin, center, bottom or top, when I go to create an action the only option is "rotate" which moves it around the middle.
    I am trying to set up something with a rocking chair that rocks when you get close or tap on it and the movement looks wrong when rotating around the middle and would look much more fluid if it could pivot.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Desktop Features - Grid, Snap, Nudge, Units

This is all one issue to my mind - Precision Control is missing.

If there's a grid I need to be able to control it.

Working with small tolerances and this hard-coded Snap function destroys my precision and I have to play this stupid game of massaging decimals in the XYZ Properties. Frustrating as hell. Nudge function would eliminate this.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Replacing Assets

Would be nice to be able to update or replace assets that is already placed on 3D composition. Let say animated images, I just need to update and replace it but currently we need to delete and place it again.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Snap to world surface

I want to be able to snap digital objects to the real world surface that is detected in the scene.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. import USDZ

Could it be possible to import USDZ files in Aero?

At least the models of the scene in the case of it is too difficulet to import Animations and behaviors...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Applying colored glow/illumination effects

The ability to provide an object, image(s) or texture layer with controls for adjusting RGB color, alpha channel opacity and illumination values.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this suggestion! It would be great to know of the controls you listed below, which one is the most important capability for you? Also, how are you doing this work today (in which software?)

14. Error messages

I am lost when I do not see why my 3D model is not uploading. It would be great if there would be error messages that notify me that my 3D file is too detailed, or that my file cannot be uploaded because it is an animation, etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Spatial Audio Sync for Surround Experiences

I created a 5.1 mix of some audio I created and assigned each of the channels L, Ls, R, Rs to sphere in 4 corners of the room within Aero and assigned each to play at start - there were effectively 4 mono MP3 stems at 256mbps. The audio was out of sync. Would be good to be able to synchronise the audio so that the user can walk around within a 5.1 mix - it would then be possible to place objects within a room eg guitar, drums, bass and as the user walks towards them the audio changes…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Copy trigger from one object to another

Could be useful to copy/paste triggers from one object to another to avoid to repeat the same behaviour.
    For example I need the same triggers on 3 dices (see the screenshot here attacched) and I have to repeat 3 Times the same workflow on each one.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 'Null' object - Controlling multiple objects/layers at the same time

It would be amazing to have a 'null object' layer (Just like in After effects) where I can attach/parent several of my layers to. I can then put more attributes on the null object (transparent object) and control those layers as a group AND individually because they would still hold attiributes on individual layers.

It's like I'd have a spinning object, then I'll duplicate it by 5 and attach them all together through a null object. Then just by moving the null object I'll be controlling the move functions for 5 different spinning objects And I can still add more…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello! Great suggestion. Yes, this functionality is planned as part of our work to support grouping and ungrouping. This will be part of the secondary phase of implementation but we are actively working on basic group/ungroup right now.

18. Allow anchor for transformation (position, scale, rotation) to move (snap to center, corner, edges)

Would be useful to snap the transformation anchor to snap to any edge mid-point, corner, or center of objects.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. HDRI Previews

It’d be cool to have some HDRI environment maps available to aid with previewing. Similar, perhaps, to Blender’s ‘Viewport Shading’ options or the checkable ‘Display > Background’ option in the controls menu of Don McCurdy’s glTF Viewer: https://gltf-viewer.donmccurdy.com

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion!
    We have work planed around HDR and environment map support on our roadmap.
    Stay tuned for more to come!

20. Make path move available on desktop

Not sure if I'm missing it, but is the behavior "Path Move" not available on the desktop? I was building a scene and didn't see an area where I could apply a custom animation. Is this correct?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Adobe Aero Community Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base